|The Originals(Fan Fiction) TV Series|
|Season 1, Episode 02|
|Air date||Fall 2013|
|Written by||KathrineAndJeremy4eva and Cori11|
| Episode Guide|
Always and Forever
Tangled Up In Blue
FAMILY IN DANGER--Sophia and Rebekah furious at their brother, Klaus, work together to save Elijah. Klaus has his hands full with the witches and trying to find Marcel's secret weapon. Marcel sees that Sophia and Danielle are different from their family. Hayley makes a dangerous decision and Danielle is saved by an old friend.
- Daniel Gillies as Elijah Mikaelson
- Joseph Morgan as Niklaus Mikaelson
- Shay Mitchell as Sophia Mikaelson
- Claire Holt as Rebekah Mikaelson
- Zendaya as Danielle Mikaelson
- Charles Michael Davis as Marcel Gerard
- Phoebe Tonkin as Hayley Marshall
- Danielle Campbell as Davina
- Leah Pipes as Camille
- Daniella Pineda as Sophie Deveraux
- Callard Harris as Thierry Vanchure
- Eka Darville as Diego
- Rob Kazinsky as Macklyn Barthlomew
- Young Ian McKellan as Matthias
- Marcel will ask Sophia out on a date.
- Klaus will be threaten by Sophie and the witches.
- An old friend of the Mikaelsons will appear.
- Elijah's location will be revealed.
- Danielle will get into another fight with Macklyn.
- Sophia and Rebekah meet Davina for the first time.
- Klaus and Cami scene.
- Marcel (to Rebekah about Sophia): She's smart, beautiful, and loyal. She's everything I want in a woman.
Sophia and Rebekah are trying to find Elijah. Sophia struggling to control her mixed feelings for Marcel. Klaus ends up falling into the hands of the witches and is threated by Sophie and the witches. While Klaus and the others are gone, Haley buys some werewolf venom from witch who is dating a vampire. Vampires try to attack Haley who is saved by Rebekah and Sophia. Danielle got herself into some trouble and fights Macklyn. But she is saved by a old friend named Matthias. While still looking for Elijah, Sophia has a run in with Marcel who asks her on a date. He then notices she is not like other Originals.
- Elijah: (voiceover) Over the course of my long life, I have come to believe we are bound forever to those with whom we share blood. And while we may not choose our family, that bond can be our greatest strength or our deepest regret. This unfortunate truth has haunted me for as long as I can recall.
- (Marcel boasts to Klaus his methods for providing fresh blood for his vampires.)
- Marcel: (voiceover) The city of New Orleans... people of all stripes and flavors from all over the country come here to party on our streets. Some are just looking for fun... some are looking for something a little darker, more dangerous. So, we invite them into my home and we give it to them.
(Diego, one of Marcel's vampires, shows a flyer to two tourists, a man and a woman. The flyer is headed by a large, monogrammed 'M', beneath which reads:
WHERE THE PARTY NEVER ENDS
(They enter the party and get their hands stamped with the same 'M' monogram as the flyer.)
- Marcel: (voiceover) Then, at the stroke of midnight, everything changes, and it's time to feed.
(Marcel leads Klaus around a balcony overlooking the party. They watch as Marcel's vampires feed ravenously on the humans, who scream in terror.)
- Marcel: This is how I keep my guys happy: the occasional, all-you-can-eat buffet. My night-walkers love it. I've got 'em working hard, trying to earn one of these daylight rings. They deserve to blow off a little steam. My day-walkers, the trusted few – they just like the party.
(Klaus notices a crest of some sort engraved on the stone wall below: it includes the 'M' monogram, as well as a coiled serpent. He does not comment on it.)
- Klaus: It's quite an operation. Tell me – what about the victims? Seems like a lot of graves to dig.
- Marcel: Can't kill 'em all. Too many folks go missing, tourism drops. So, we heal them with a little vamp blood, erase their memory, send them on their way – no muss, no fuss.
- Klaus: I'm impressed.
- Marcel: Nothing I didn't learn from you back in the day.
(Sophia and Rebekah walking in the woods.)
- Sophia: Rebekah, calm down!
- Rebekah: How can I calm down when Elijah is out there somewhere daggered, because of Klaus.
- Sophia: *sighs* Look, I love Elijah as much as you do. Everything is going to be okay.
(Rebekah hears something and stops.)
- Sophia: Calm down Rebekah. *Thinks about Marcel, then frowns*
(Klaus in the witches graveyard.)
- Klaus: What do you witches want?
- Sophie: Have you found Marcel's secret weapon yet?
- Klaus: Let's see...I have my sisters nagging me about Elijah's disappearance, I've been spending a lot of time with my best friend, Marcel, and learning the way he works this city...So no! I have not found his secret weapon yet!
- Sophie: Well you better.
- Klaus: What did I tell you about commanding me?
- Sophie: Sorry but we're kinda in a hurry. We need this done before next month comes.
- Klaus: Why is that?
- Sophie: Don't worry about that, but...
- Sabine: We need you to get rid or someone or you will lose someone that is dearly important to you.
- Klaus: And who would that be?
- Anges: ...Kill Danielle or you will lose both Sophia and Rebekah.
- Klaus: Excuse me?
- Sophie: Many of the witches are scared of Danielle and they don't know exactly what she is! But I know exactly what she is. And she's more powerful than all of us witches! Someone with that much power should be dead!
- Klaus: She is an Orignal Hybrid, like me! Instead she's half vampire-half witch! And if any of you hurt my family, I will kill every single one of you.
Sabine: You only have two choices...Kill Danielle or lose Sophia and Rebekah.
- Sophie: Whatever happens to me happens to Hayley.
(Hayley walks up to a shop front right when the shopkeeper appears to be leaving.)
- Hayley: Hey, hey!
- Katie: We're closed, sorry.
- Hayley: I just need one teeny, tiny little herb. Please?
- Katie: Which herb?
- Hayley: Crushed aconite flower.
- Katie: Wolfsbane? That's a poison. You're gonna kill a wolf?
- Hayley: Just a little one.
- Katie: Give me a minute.
(Katie goes back into the shop. After a few seconds she comes back, holding a phial in her hand.)
- Katie: Cut it with jimson weed. A few drops in some hot tea – that should do it.
(Hayley hands her some money.)
- Hayley: Here. (Katie refuses it.)
- Katie: It's an ugly town for wolves. You're doing the right thing.
(Hayley walks away. Katie picks up her phone and calls someone.)
- Katie: Hey, wanna gain points? Tell Marcel there's a werewolf in the Quarter.
(Hayley sits on a bench, dripping the poison into a cup.)
- Hayley: (to herself) Come on, Hayley. One upset stomach and all this stupid drama is ancient history.
(She lifts the cup toward her face, closes her eyes, then opens them and lowers the cup again without drinking it. She sighs, then hears a branch snap nearby. She stands up, looking around, then turns to find a vampire right in front of her.)
- Vampire: Dumb move, coming into the Quarter. You're coming with me, wolf.
- Hayley: I have had it up to here with vampires telling me what to do.
(She throws the cup's contents into his face, and he roars in pain. She spins around, only to be faced with two more vampires. Suddenly Rebekah and Sophia show up, snaps the neck of one vampire and rips the heart out of the back of the other.)
- Rebekah: (to the dead vampires) Now, that is no way to treat a pregnant lady. I do hate bad manners.
- Sophia: Are you okay? Let's go home.
(She throws the heart on the ground. Hayley gapes at her, still in shock.)
(Klaus throws a final body onto a small pile in the front courtyard while he berates Rebekah and Hayley for their behavior.)
- Klaus: This is why I told you never to leave the house. Werewolves are banned in the Quarter. I had a plan, and your little nighttime stroll put it all in peril! Leave him!
(Rebekah and Sophia had started walking toward the pile of bodies – one of them was still alive – but at Klaus' last command, she stops.)
- Klaus: You've done enough, don't you think? Leaving a trail of bodies like a road map to my door?
- Sophia: Klaus stop.... (Rebekah cuts her off.)
- Rebekah: If I hadn't overheard this lot bragging about werewolf heads, everyone here would be screwed. And don't give me that crap about having a plan. You've had all the time in the world to execute a plan, and no one's seen you do a damn thing! Elijah made a deal to protect your child, so that it could save you from your selfish, rotten self. But you obviously don't give a damn about the child or Elijah, because what have you done to honor it?
- Klaus: I have done everything. Let me spell it out for you, shall I? From the day I arrived, Marcel hasn't trusted me. From Day One, he's had his vampires ingest toxic vervain which, as you know, little sister, protects them from my mind control.
(While Klaus explains what he's been doing, the scene cuts to a flashback of Klaus in a bar, where the humans Tina and Josh sit with their hands stamped with the monogrammed 'M'. Klaus snaps their necks.)
- Klaus: (voiceover) I needed a spy, someone on the inside with me who Marcel would never suspect. So, I created a Day Zero and got there first. Marcel had just lost six vampires, thanks to your little murder spree, and he needed new recruits. So, I made the new one mine, before he'd had even a drop of vervain.
(In another brief flashback, Klaus gets into the car with Josh, the new vampire, while Marcel talks outside on his phone. Klaus compels Josh.)
- Klaus: (to Josh) Now, let's have a little chat about what you can do for me. (present day, to Rebekah) But we all know the real way to a man is through his heart, so...
(In another brief flashback, Klaus talks to Cami at a bar.)
- Klaus: So, my mate, Marcel. Nice bloke, don't you think?
- Cami: He's my friend. We're not dating and he's definitely not my type. He's the hot, sexy, dangerous bad boy that girls can't keep their eyes off of.
- Klaus: Tragically wounded and damaged by demons he can't escape.
- Cami: The – damaged ones. They're not good. At least, not for me.
(She moves to leave, but Klaus rises and takes her hand.)
- Klaus: I understand, I do. However – (compelling her) – I need you to tell me where he goes, and who he sees.
(Klaus grabs the vampire that's still alive from the pile.)
- Klaus: And this one – I'm gonna drain him of vervain, compel him to believe his mates found religion and moved to Utah, so that he can explain to Marcel why he lost three more vampires tonight.
(He drags the vampire into the house; Rebekah, Sophia, and Hayley follow him inside.)
- Klaus: Does anyone have any more questions? No? Good, because I have a question. Hayley, what were you doing in the bloody French Quarter in the first place? Answer me!
- Rebekah: Leave her be.
- Hayley: You wanna know what I was doing? I was buying poison, so I could put your little baby out of its misery.
(Klaus runs at her with vampire speed and pins her to the door by the neck. She gasps for air.)
- Rebekah: Nik! NIK!
(Rebekah runs at Klaus with vampire speed, pushes him off of Hayley and grabs him by the shoulders. Hayley coughs and splutters, massaging her throat.)
- Rebekah: Keep your hands off her! She is pregnant, for God's sake! All of this bluster about not wanting the child, and then the second she tells you she's ready to get rid of it? It's okay to care. It's okay to want something. That's all Elijah was trying to do, all he's ever wanted for you. All we've ever wanted.
(Klaus, calmed down but reeling from being confronted with his feelings, sits down on the stairs. Rebekah sits beside him while Sophia stands next to Hayley.)
- Klaus: I gave Elijah to Marcel.
- Rebekah: What?
- Klaus: Marcel was nervous. It's bad enough one Original returned to town, but three? He still doesn't know about Danielle yet. His crew was getting antsy. He wanted Elijah gone, so... I gave him a peace offering.
- Rebekah: You bartered our brother?
- Klaus: I have a plan. Gain Marcel's trust, dismantle his empire, honor Elijah's wish that that baby be born. I am executing that plan the only way I know how. If you don't like it, there's the door. See if I care.
(Klaus rises and leaves the room. Rebekah leans back and looks at Sophia, their work cut out for them.)
(Later, Rebekah is sitting on the back porch of the house when Hayley comes out and joins her.)
- Hayley: I know you don't know me very well... but thanks. I appreciate what you did in there.
- Rebekah: Us girls have got to look out for each other.
- Hayley: What is it with you two? You say you hate him, but the way you deal with him, it's so clear. Even when you hate him, you still love him.
- Rebekah: I guess when you spend a thousand years with someone, deciding to quit them is like losing a part of yourself. But sometimes the hate is just... so powerful. Emil wasn't the only boyfriend of mine that Klaus killed. He did it again, and again, and every time I found someone to care about. He just kept doing it until, finally, I stopped falling in love. He said he was protecting me from my mistakes, that no one was ever good enough for his little sister. Until one day, someone was.
FLASHBACK – 1830s (Marcel approaches Rebekah in the courtyard where they practice fencing.)
- Rebekah: How was the river?
- Marcel: It was cool... sweet.
(Rebekah, slightly nervous, rises.)
- Rebekah: I should go inside –
(Marcel blocks her way and moves her so her back is against the wall. Marcel kisses her passionately, and Rebekah seems to enjoy it, but after a moment she pushes him away.)
- Rebekah: My brother will kill you.
- Marcel: Then I'll die smiling.
(He kisses her again, but suddenly Klaus pulls Marcel off her, shoves him against a wall and shouts at him, fencing sword in hand.)
- Klaus: Did I not warn you?!
- Rebekah: Klaus, I beg of you! He is not like any other. You saw it in him from the very first day. You saved him, protected him... you raised him. You cannot kill him.
(Rebekah lays a hand on Klaus' sword arm, which drops slowly. Marcel sighs in relief as the sword clatters on the ground.)
- Klaus: You are right. I cannot.
(Suddenly, Klaus daggers Rebekah in the heart.)
- Klaus: But you, dear sister, need a lesson in what you can and cannot take from me.
(Marcel watches, horrified, as Rebekah weakens in Klaus' arms.)
- Hayley: If you know Marcel has Elijah, why don't you just get him back yourself?
- Rebekah: Because, if I cross my brother, there's still a coffin downstairs with my name on it.
(Hayley eyes Rebekah for a moment, then reaches down and retrieves something wrapped in cloth. She unfolds it and reveals the two silver daggers.)
- Rebekah: Oh, my god.
- Hayley: I found them under your coffin. So, if a couple of antique steak knives were the only things stopping you from getting Elijah back, then here you go.
(Hayley offers the daggers to Rebekah, who takes them in slight awe. Finally, she smiles, and Hayley smiles back.)
(In the Church)
(Danielle was looking around hears a noise and snaps.)
- Danielle: Show yourself.
(Macklyn then walks out with a smirk.)
- Macklyn: How bout I put you to a end?
- Danielle: Try me?
(They fight when Macklyn was ready to kill Dani, a vampire suddenly appeared and broke Macklyn's neck.)
- Danielle: Matthias?
- Matthias: (smiling) Seeing that you're staying out of trouble.
(Danielle runs up and hugs him.)
(Sophia walking to a bench and runs into Marcel.)
- Marcel: Better watch where you're going.
- Sophia: Thanks for the tip. (Starts to walk away.)
- Marcel: Go to dinner with me.
(When Sophia was about to reply, he was already gone. She stopped in confusion then starts to walk home.)
(Rebekah is seen standing on the roof and was watching Marcel and Sophia. The suddenly Marcel appears in front of her.)
- Marcel: Rebekah Mikaelson. Come to teach me another lesson? Last time I saw you, Royal Street was burning and you all were fleeing from the city from your daddy.
- Rebekah: I thought you were dead.
- Marcel: You never looked back to find out. Why are you here?
- Rebekah: Elijah. I think Klaus has done something to him.
- Marcel: Stop. Stop right there. If there is one thing I learned about you Mikaelsons, it's don't get in the middle of family feuding. Doesn't end well.
- FLASHBACK – 1830s
- Marcel: There is nothing going on between us. I swear it, on my life.
- Klaus: Your life means something to me. Give me the privilege of honesty or that will cease to be the case.
- Marcel: I like her. And I think it's mutual, but I haven't done anything about it. I wouldn't, not –
- Klaus: And you won't. I love my sister, but she lacks fortune when it comes to men. They come and go for her, but I am the constant. She's my family.
- Marcel: You said I was family. I have begged you to turn me into a vampire.
- Klaus: And I told you, I will turn you when you're ready. You go near Rebekah again, and you never will be.
- Rebekah: Even after all you've achieved, you're still scared of him.
- Marcel: I'm not scared of anyone.
- Rebekah: Really? You're not scared of my big sister, Sophia?
- Marcel: A part of me is scared of her and that has me interested.
- Rebekah: Please tell me why are you so interested in my sister?
- Marcel: Why do you want to know? Are you jealous?
- Rebekah: No, I'm not. But if you hurt her, you will regret it.
- Marcel: She's smart, beautiful, and loyal. She's everything I want in a woman.
- Rebekah: Hmm...Maybe she'll be so good for you. Have an influence on you. Because when I look at you, all I see is Klaus. If I find out you know where Elijah is, you needn't fear Klaus – I'll kill you myself.
- Marcel: Nostalgia's a blast and all, but I can't help you. It was nice seeing you, though. Good luck finding what you're looking for.
(Marcel jumps off the balcony.)
(The next scene shows Danielle and Matthias at a restaurant.)
- Danielle: So why come to New Orleans?
- Matthias: I just got a bad feeling and I asked around to find out where the Originals were. I got the word that you all were in New Orleans, so I came here.
- Danielle: What kind of bad feeling?
- Matthias: That something happened to Elijah and I was worried about you.
- Danielle: What are you talking about?
- Matthias: I'm sure its nothing but I've rumors of people wanting you dead. I don't know why but its just a rumor.
- Danielle: Hmm...*Thinking about Macklyn*
(Danielle sees Klaus approaching them and he looks surprised to see Matthias.)
- Danielle: Hey, Uncle Klaus.
- Klaus: Hello, Danielle. Now what are you doing here?
- Matthias: Came to visit. Now where's Elijah?
- Klaus: You'll see him soon. As for now, Danielle come with me. And I want to know why have you really appeared, Matthias.
(Danielle hugs Matthias and tells him that she will she him later.)
- Danielle: What's wrong?
- Klaus: I don't trust those witches, I never have. I'm keeping you close. You need to be protected.
- Danielle: What for?
- Klaus: Apparently the witches want you dead. They are scared of you.
(Klaus takes Danielle into the bar.)
- Danielle: Uncle Klaus! I can't go in here!
- Klaus: Little Dani, you're a vampire, does it really matter?
- Danielle: I'm not trying to break the law!
- Klaus: Oh, just come on!
(After a few minutes, Marcel walks into a bar, his eyes searching the place until he spots Klaus and Danielle sitting at the bar.)
- Klaus: I know that face – woman trouble.
- Marcel: You're a dick, you know that? Why didn't you tell me that Rebekah is back in town?
- Klaus: Well, I thought it would be more amusing for you to find out for yourself.
- Marcel: Is there anything else that I need to know?
- Klaus: Only that she's grown considerably more insane in the last century.
- Marcel: Or maybe that it was her who killed my guys?
- Klaus: Doubtful. Unless that biker bar is frequented by small-town, high school quarterbacks, I can't imagine she'd be interested.
- Marcel: Who's the teenager?
- Danielle: Danielle Asia Mikaelson. Pleased to meet you.
- Marcel: Nice to meet you too...Another Mikaelson...How many of there are you?
- Klaus: Only five. The rest are dead. And what are you all dressed up for?
- Marcel: I have a date.
(Marcel's phone rings and he answers it. Klaus listens with his vampire hearing.)
- Marcel: Yeah?
- Caller: Just got a tip – someone saw a werewolf in Bienville Park.
- Marcel: Get a couple night-walkers to run it down. Bring me back its head. (He hangs up.)
- Klaus: Well, I guess that solves the mystery of the murdered riffraff. At least my sister's in the clear.
- Marcel: About that. I don't have time for Mikaelson family drama. You're my guest but keep your sister in line.
(Klaus responds, his voice rising as Marcel leaves.)
- Klaus: I'd have a greater chance of draining the Mississippi with a straw!
(Later, the bar is empty and Marcel is seen getting a bottle of wine. He sees Sophia come in and she is wearing a tight black dress and he is stunned.)
- Marcel: You look beautiful.
- Sophia: Thank you. Now why did you ask me out?
- Marcel: Isn't it obvious?
- Sophia: If you think I going to fall for the bad boy, you're wrong. (she saids as she sits down.)
- Marcel: Really?
(Marcel brings a bottle of wine to a table and sits with Sophia.)
- Marcel: I sent everyone home for the night. I am your humble host.
- Sophia: Okay, you get points for that.
- Marcel: And the night's just started. What made you decide to come?
- Sophia: Everyone deserves a chance. But you're not scoring.
- Marcel: *grins* I wasn't planning on to. I want to take my time with this. You're not going anywhere, are you?
- Sophia: No...I'll still be here after I find Elijah.
- Marcel:...You really love your family don't you?
- Sophia: Of course. I would gladly give my life to protect them.
- Marcel: I'm the same.
- Sophia: Yeah, I can see that.
(They smile at each other and Marcel brings up Danielle.)
- Marcel: I came across Rebekah today and I met another Original. Your younger sister, Danielle.
- Sophia: Actually she's my daughter.
- Marcel: Daughter?
- Sophia: I gave birth to her at twenty years old a thousand years ago. Is that weird?
- Marcel: No. She does look like you. I also have a daughter. Well adopted.
- Sophia: Am I ever going to get to meet her?
- Marcel: Maybe. If the opportunity ever comes.
- Sophia: A part of me really doesn't want to ruin this date but can I ask you something?
- Marcel: Anything.
- Sophia:...Where's Elijah? And don't tell you that you don't know because Klaus already confessed that you have him.
- Marcel:(smirks) Damn girl, you are really smart.
(Thierry shows up and uses vampire speed to grab Sophia by the throat.)
- Thierry: You're never going to see your brother again.
- Sophia: Are you forgetting which of us is the strongest.
(Marcel uses his vampire speed and takes Theirry off Sophia then breaks his neck.)
- Marcel: Sorry about that.
(Rebekah comes in and grabs Marcel by the neck and vampire speeds him across the room, slamming him against the wall.)
- Rebekah: Tell me where Elijah is.
- Sophia: Rebekah!
- Rebekah: Tell me where he is or I will kill you!
(Marcel merely looks at Rebekah; there is a brief flash of the time they had passionately kissed, as though Marcel has sent the memory to her deliberately.)
- Marcel: No, you won't.
(Slowly, Rebekah backs off, releasing him.)
- Rebekah: Perhaps you're right.
- Sophia: Marcel...
(Marcel looks at Sophia sees the sadness in her eyes.)
- Marcel: I'll take you both to see Elijah.
(Rebekah and Sophia follow him out of the restaurant.)
(Marcel opens the door to an attic and enters, Sophia and Rebekah following behind him. They see Elijah's coffin, and moves to enter the room but cannot – they are magically barred entry.)
- Sophia: Elijah!
- Rebekah: Invite us in.
- Marcel: Gotta ask the lady of the house. Davina, come on out, sweetheart.
(Davina enters the room and stands at Marcel's side.)
- Marcel: Invite them in.
- Davina: Come in.
(They enter, strides over to Elijah's coffin and opens it to find their brother inside. Rebekah grabs the dagger and starts to pull it out.)
- Davina: I wouldn't do that.
(Rebekah, magically compelled, shoves the dagger back in.)
- Rebekah: Who the hell are you?
- Davina: Davina. (to Marcel) They old ones, aren't they?
- Marcel: Yeah. Sophia and Rebekah are Originals, which means they can't be killed.
- Davina: Rebekah doesn't seem very nice.
- Marcel: She can be... but she hasn't been very nice to me tonight.
- Davina: (to Rebekah) Then I'm afraid it's time for you to leave.
- Marcel: Let Sophia stay.
(Without moving a muscle, Davina magically propels Rebekah across the room, slamming her against walls several times before sending her through a door.)
- Sophia: Rebekah!! (runs towards the door and sees Rebekah on the ground below.)
(Davina shuts the door with her magic.)
- Sophia: What is wrong with you?!
- Marcel: I know you're upset but your sister has been getting on my nerves lately.
- Sophia: So you have her thrown out from three stories high?!
- Marcel: Okay, maybe that was harsh...
- Sophia: Release Elijah now!
- Marcel: I can't.
- Sophia: Why not?!
- Marcel: My people are on edge because there are so Originals around in town.
- Sophia: But he's my brother!
- Marcel: I know that but I can't give him back to you until things calm down.
- Sophia: You really don't know me...(lifts up her hand in front of her and a small ball of fire appears.)
- (Marcel and Davina have a shocked look on their faces.)
- Sophia: Now I could kill you with this but for some reason, I really don't want to. (the ball of fire disappears) And we can forget this date ever happened.
(Marcel looks at Davina and she nods.)
- Davina: You won't remember me and you will forget this location. Also you'll remember that you had a great time with Marcel on your date and that you don't know that we have Elijah. You won't remember any of this.
(As Davina uses her magic, Sophia starts to feel dizzy and Marcel catches her then uses his vampire speed to get her out of there.)
(Rebekah awakens, her hair styled in the 1830s fashion, and sits up in bed. Klaus sits nearby, twirling the silver dagger with its point balanced on a table.)
- Klaus: Well, it's about time. I was bored waiting... but I did so want to see your face, and it is, indeed, priceless.
- Rebekah: You bastard. What day is it?
- Klaus: Sunday.
- Rebekah: I have been daggered for a whole week? Marcel – what have you done to him?
- Klaus: It's 1887, Rebekah. You've been daggered for 52 years.
- Rebekah: What?
- Klaus: And don't worry about Marcel. I presented him with a choice: he could choose to undagger you and live out the rest of his human days with you, or–
- Rebekah: No.
- Klaus: –I could turn him instead, as he's always wanted, in exchange for giving you up.
- Rebekah: No. He wouldn't do that to me.
- Klaus: Oh, but he did.
(Marcel enters the room bearing a candle. He looks at Rebekah, expressionless, and Rebekah squints her eyes shut, devastated.)
(In present day, Rebekah awakens on the same bed as she did in 1887, Marcel standing at the end of it.)
- Marcel: Welcome back, Rebekah. You were out for quite a while.
- Rebekah: Where am I? How'd I get here?
- Marcel: You upset Davina. I'm glad you two finally got to meet. Now you know what you're dealing with.
- Rebekah: Is this my old room?
- Marcel: Oh, it's mine now. Every room here is mine. Just like this town is mine, Davina's mine, and Elijah is mine until I feel like giving him back. What was once yours, what was once your brother's – it's now mine. And maybe Sophia will be mine as well.
(He turns and walks toward the door, turning back to Rebekah to say one last thing.)
- Marcel: And don't worry about your sister, she'll be alright. You'll see her later.
(Marcel runs into Thierry into town.)
- Thierry: Marcel...
- Marcel: Shut up. Don't talk to Sophia, don't look at her, and don't you ever touch her again.
(Sophia wakes up on a bed, not knowing where she is. Marcel comes in.)
- Marcel: You're awake.
- Sophia: Where am I?
- Marcel: My room. You passed out last night, too much to drink.
- Sophia: We didn't...
- Marcel: No, I was a complete gentleman.(sits on the bed.) I don't want to rush things with you. I'd like to take you out again sometime.
- Sophia: (small smile) I'll think about it.
(It's morning; Klaus enters Hayley's room while she's still sleeping. He watches her for a moment, then reaches into her bag, withdrawing from it the vial of wolfsbane. He opens it and lifts it to his nose to smell, when Hayley speaks.)
- Hayley: I didn't use it.
- Klaus: You're awake.
- Hayley: I could barely sleep all night. This house is like a freaking swamp sauna.
(She sits up in bed while Klaus stares out the window.)
- Klaus: What stopped you? You could have been free of all of this... of me.
- Hayley: Yeah, well... when I was fighting off those vampires, I – I realized I wasn't just protecting myself. Maybe it has to do with the fact that my birth parents gave me up, and my adopted parents kicked me out. All I know is push came to shove, and... I realized I wouldn't let anyone hurt it. K
- Klaus: I'm beginning to think we're a lot alike, you and I. We're both castoffs who have learned to fight when we're backed into a corner.
- Hayley: Well, we're backed into a corner now. Klaus: Ah, that we are. It's time to fight... little wolf.
(After gently placing a hand on Hayley's shoulder, Klaus backs away and moves to leave.)
- Hayley: This whole thing with Marcel – the deal you have with the witches, trying to take him down, take what's his – Rebekah told me that you two once loved each other like family. What happened?
- Klaus: I made Marcel everything that he is. I treated him like a son. And when my father chased me and my family from New Orleans a hundred years ago, we believed Marcel was killed – we each mourned him, in our own way. Yet, when I returned, I found not only had he survived, he had thrived. Instead of seeking us out, instead of sticking together as one, he made a choice to take everything my family had built and make it his own. Now, he is living in our home, he is sleeping in our beds. That 'M' he stamps everywhere... it's not for 'Marcel'. It's for 'Mikaelson'. I want it all back, and if I have to push him out to get it, then that's exactly what I'll do. I'll have someone see to the air conditioning.
(Klaus leaves Hayley's room and hurries down the stairs, only to meet Rebekah as she enters the front door.)
- Rebekah: I got to see the secret weapon of his that you've been going on about.
- Klaus: Well, don't stand on ceremony. What is it?
- Rebekah: It's not a 'what', it's a 'who'. A girl, Davina. She can't be more than sixteen, and I have never felt power like that.
- Klaus: A witch.
- Rebekah: She's not just any witch, she's something I've never seen before, something beyond powerful, and now because of you she has Elijah. Who knows what she could do to him.
- Klaus: Where is she?
(Rebekah stops to think, then looks confounded.)
- Rebekah: That clever bitch. I don't know.
(Sophia enters the front door.)
- Rebekah: Sophia, where's Davina?
- Sophia: Who?
- Rebekah: Davina! She has Elijah!
- Sophia: I don't know who you are talking about
- Klaus: What's the last thing that you remember?
- Sophia: I...went on a date with Marcel to find out where Elijah is. But my memory is kinda fuzzy.
- Rebekah: (looks at Klaus) She wiped out part of Sophia's memory from last night. That means that she wiped my memory of the location as well. Marcel possesses a weapon bigger and more powerful than an Original, and you handed our brother to him! How many times will Elijah forgive you? How long until his hope for your redemption finally dies?
- Klaus: I did what I had to do! Marcel took our home!
(Sophia's cell phone begins to ring and once again its Jeremy Gilbert. She hits the ignore button.)
- Rebekah: And our home is worthless without family. I am finding Elijah – whatever it takes. Are you going to help me and Sophia?
- Klaus: Whatever it takes.
(Sophia looks at both Klaus and Rebekah, worried of what may happen.)